"THEN SAID THE LORD TO HIM, PUT OFF THY SHOES FROM THY FEET:
for the place where thou standest is holy ground."
Acts 7:33 KJV

Saturday, August 11, 2012

THROUGH RAGING WATERS

Today I was thinking how so many times we face trials that seem to be as raging waters trying to consume our very being.  During these testings in my own life... I have seen God choose to calm those raging seas, or part them so that I could pass through on dry ground, unscathed by the tempest that roared around me, unmarred by the mud that I trod upon.  But then there are other times such as now... that He chooses that I go through those furious torrents... waves of testing all around, batting me to and fro as a ship with no anchor nor sail.  All the while in the midst of the tempest I hear Him softly whisper to me:

"When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee. Fear not: for I am with thee:"  (Isaiah 43: 2 & 5a)

No comments:

Post a Comment