"THEN SAID THE LORD TO HIM, PUT OFF THY SHOES FROM THY FEET:
for the place where thou standest is holy ground."
Acts 7:33 KJV

Sunday, August 4, 2013

A "SANCTIFIED" MARY

It seems that i have so little time to blog anymore but something happened this week that I had to record.  When you read the title you will think that maybe I am referring to a "well known" Mary... maybe Mary the Mother of Jesus, or Mary Magdelene whom Jesus cast seven demons out of, or possibly Mary of Bethany (the sister of Lazarus and Martha) who loved learning the teachings of our Lord.  Oh but no, the Mary that I am referring to is just the opposite of all the above... the Mary I am referring to is an atheist.  Let me explain:

On Wednesday Evenings a very special friend and I go to the local women's homeless shelter to do a Bible Study with the ladies presently living there.  You can't help but build a bonding relationship with these precious women.  There is a particular resident there named Amanda.  This past Wednesday Night she looked at me and asked if I was "kin to" a Mary __________ that lived in _____________.  After some pondering on my part, I replied:  "Not that I am aware of, why do you ask?"  She then proceeded to tell me about a dear friend of hers (named Mary) that I reminded her so much of.  She told me that she had prayed for this friend for many years because she was an atheist.  She then said something that I have rehearsed over and over in mind since... "I am going to have to take a picture of you and that big smile you always have on your face, send it to her and tell her that this is what she would look like if she knew the Lord... A SANCTIFIED MARY."

I do not know this Mary (this look-a-like of mine) and will probably never meet her face to face, but the Lord knows exactly who she is.  I'm asking that you join me in praying that Mary will truly one day soon, be sanctified.

(Acts 20:32)  And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace,  
which is able to build you up , and to give you an inheritance among all them 
which are sanctified

(Acts 26:18)   To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from 
the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and  
inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me. 

(1 Corinthians 6:11)   And such were some of you: but ye are washed , but ye are  
sanctified , but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and  
by the Spirit of our God.

No comments:

Post a Comment