"THEN SAID THE LORD TO HIM, PUT OFF THY SHOES FROM THY FEET:
for the place where thou standest is holy ground."
Acts 7:33 KJV

Monday, April 11, 2011

AROUND IN CIRCLES

"And the LORD spake unto me, sayingYe have compassed this mountain long enough: turn you northward."  (Deuteronomy 2:2-3)


Just the other day my son pointed out this verse to me and asked:  What it meant to me?  Well, after contemplating and pondering my answer here is my response.  Maybe my interpretation of the verse will be quite different from what yours will be because of the place that I'm at during this particular time in my life.  The "Sylvia Translation" would be as follows:  "And the Lord spoke to me and said:  Quit trying to beat a dead horse to death, get over it, and move on!"

Yesterday in Pastor Rodney's sermon, he made the reference that 'women are not always hysterical but most often are historical.'  Boy, did he peg my character!  I am very calm in my older age, but have a memory like an elephant.  The mountains that I seem to encompass over and over, round and round, making circle after circle, are old wounds.  Hurt feelings, past wrongs, rejections, heart broken, let down, lies told, gossip spread, secrets shared, disappointments, etc.  In handling my "mountains" with the "historical" theory, I find myself often building walls, being unforgiving, and even allowing bitterness to creep in.  As long as I'm going "around in circles" and dwelling on these things... I'm getting no where... and being of purpose to no one especially the Lord.  

Your mountain may be something totally different from mine, but can produce the same results if you keep circling it, again and again.  Lord help me that this would be my motto: 
"It’s time for healing, time to move on,
it’s time to fix what’s been broken too long
Time to make right what has been wrong;
it’s time to find my way to where I belong."

2 comments:

  1. Sylvia, As you said we all have our mountains. That is where the faith comes in, Our trust in the Lord helps move those mountains and repairs our relationships in which may have been harmed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lee... you are so correct! That is where I get into trouble... focusing on the "mountain" and circling it over and over - and not turning it over to the Lord and moving on. Learning more and more to do that very thing - but still have that "woman elephant memory"... LOL! Thanks my friend for being a faithful reader :) Blessings!

    ReplyDelete