"THEN SAID THE LORD TO HIM, PUT OFF THY SHOES FROM THY FEET:
for the place where thou standest is holy ground."
Acts 7:33 KJV

Monday, March 28, 2011

KEEPING MY DUCKS IN A ROW... CAN BE EXHAUSTING

As one who is a "control" maniac... I like to have all my "ducks in a row!"  Everything neatly planned, thought through, and done my wayOr being honest... I am one who needs to give the appearance or at least give the allusion (convincing my own mind) that all my "ducks are in a row!"  I have come to realize that this is the proverbial impossibility.  When I try to gather all the little ducklings of my life and get them in line... ultimately they will scatter.  Some go east, some west, some north, some south... some swim, some fly, some hide, some walk, some run... etc.  They just won't cooperate with the "line-up" system.  Let me give you a few examples of these unruly ducks: 

Personality duckling - Usually you will find her... head in the water - "showing her tail" LOL!
Spiritual life duckling - Keeps getting into muddy/dirty situations and has to have her downy plumage washed over and over and over.  Dirty / Clean - Dirty / Clean - Dirty / Clean.
Wife duckling - Should be meek, loving, and submissive - but I find her mouthy, nagging, and when she even hears that "submissive" word... she waddles off in the opposite direction just a quacking.
Mother duckling - Telling the others... "do as I say - not as I do!"  If you would talk to my grown children they would also tell you that if that doesn't work... she will throw in a "guilt trip" or two!
Family duckling - Will be saying "I'm the BABY" and thinks the whole flock should be catering to her every quack.
Homemaker duckling - All I need to say to let you know how hard this little biddy is to keep in line... I beat a "dust bunny" to death the other day with one of Steve's shoes - thinking that it was a spider on the floor (maybe it won't multiply)!
Bible Study duckling - I can't leave her alone... she must have an "accountability partner."
Prayer duckling - Her duty is to pray and fast... well all she does is "pray fast" and she is off and running!

About the only little duckling that is kept steady is my Salvation duckling!  She was bought with a great price by someone who loved me and given to me as a gift.  I personally can't control her either but thankfully the "Giver" keeps her constant, secure, and in the row.  I've decided that I need to give Him - myself, and in all my "migratings" to follow Him... then over time these other ducklings of mine will fall in line!

But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.  (Matthew 6:33)

MAYBE THE LORD IS TRYING TO TEACH ME THAT IF I WILL JUST GET IN LINE BEHIND HIM...THAT HE WILL
 "KEEP ALL MY OTHER WAYWARD DUCKS IN A ROW"!

2 comments:

  1. Sylvia, The Salvation Duck is one we all need. Thanks for bringing this in perspective.

    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lee, again I thank you for reading the blog. You are so right! The "Salvation" duckling is the one that I cherish most and so thankful that it is up to the Lord to keep this little gal in line :) When all my other ducks are running here and there... the Giver of this one is my security.

    Romans 8:38-39) "For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

    ReplyDelete