"THEN SAID THE LORD TO HIM, PUT OFF THY SHOES FROM THY FEET:
for the place where thou standest is holy ground."
Acts 7:33 KJV

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

SOMETIMES HE JUST WANTS TO HOLD US

Last night while talking to our daughter Jessica on the phone from Thailand... two of our grandchildren wanted to talk to us also.  First, Sophie took her turn talking with her Papaw and singing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" to us... then it was Jackson's turn.  We talked for a few minutes and I told him that I ordered a new Animal Magazine for us to look at and read when he came to the United States in November.  I also asked if he remembered the "Wide Mouth Frog" book that Nanny always read to him and acted out with her face.  Of course he remembered the book and also the big basket of books that I always keep for them.  I told Jack that there were lots of new books in that basket and he asked:  "Can we read all of those books in the basket when I come to your house?"  His Papaw assured him that yes, we would read all those books if he wanted to.

This morning sitting in the comfy recliner before beginning my Bible Study... I couldn't help but think how wonderful it would be and will be... to hold those grandbabies on my lap, cuddle them close, and read book after book!  My arms ached at the emptiness that they felt as grasping with all my might to hold something that wasn't there (yet).  Then I flipped on the TV to listen to "Wednesday's with Beth" on the Inspirational Channel and just wept at how the Lord had ordained my viewing this morning.  One of her early statements about the Lord was:  "SOMETIMES HE JUST WANTS TO HOLD US."  

"The eternal God is thy refuge, 
and underneath are the everlasting arms:..."
(Deuteronomy 33:27a)

As I longed to hold my 3 precious grandchildren in my arms but realizing at this time they are beyond my arms reach (many miles away) - I was drawn to wonder if I'm too busy or too distant to have the time to just rest in my Heavenly Father's arms.  Is He longing to hold me... are His arms empty like mine, but I'm not available?

I turned off the TV and sat in the chair thinking of the song that is my "hearts cry" for my children and grandchildren:  "Just Be There" by Karen Wheaton

Cradled in my arms I held you
And I loved you more with each day passing by
Sharing joy, sharing pain
Through the sunshine and the rain
I can’t believe it’s time to say good bye

Just be there
When I finally make it home
And I stand before the throne
Just be there
When I look around to see
If you are standing next to me
Just be there

I will make the time today... to snuggle in His arms and let Him hold me tight - I desire it as much as HE does :)

"Be merciful unto me, O God, be merciful unto me: for my soul trusteth in thee: Yea, in the shadow of thy wings will I make my refuge... (Psalm 57:1)

1 comment:

  1. "Where else can fellowship be so sweet - than to sit in His presence at Jesus' feet?"

    ReplyDelete