"THEN SAID THE LORD TO HIM, PUT OFF THY SHOES FROM THY FEET:
for the place where thou standest is holy ground."
Acts 7:33 KJV

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Juggling Jobs Justly

Again today, I find that "Proverbs 31 Woman" lurking over me just beyond my grasp.  I have often made the statement that there is no way "modern day woman" can attain what is set before us in that chapter... always with the excuse that she had servants.  Then I look around my home and see all of my "mechanical servants": electric stove, dishwasher, vacuum cleaner, washing machine and dryer, microwave, and the list goes on.  There goes my "excuse" obliterated like the fleeting moments on the clock.  Going to my file cabinet, I pulled out a "systematic plan" that I'd written several years ago.  At times we get overwhelmed when our to-do list is much longer than the hours we have "to do" them in :)  Looking only at the big picture... instead of taking one thing at a time and accomplishing that task before moving on to another, is our downfall.  Below is that written plan:
  • PRIORITIZE
  • Set a specific intention
  • Stay focused on that intention
  • Set a time limit to complete the intention
  • At the end of that time... evaluate what has been accomplished and decide, what next.  
There are many things on my list that are not necessary and need to be eliminated.  I also must realize that "SUPERWOMAN" I am not, and that my strengths and abilities come from the Lord.  So as I rise from my computer... LOL - and get to the first thing on my "Priority List" - trying to the best of my ability to "Juggle my Jobs Justly"... I leave with you these two verses:
 
"I am the vine, ye are the branches:... apart from me ye can do nothing."  
(John 15:5)
 
"Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily."  
(Colossians 1:29)

No comments:

Post a Comment