"THEN SAID THE LORD TO HIM, PUT OFF THY SHOES FROM THY FEET:
for the place where thou standest is holy ground."
Acts 7:33 KJV

Thursday, July 14, 2011

THE HARDEST QUESTION I'VE EVER ASKED!

In finishing up with the "Jonah" Bible Study by Priscilla Shirer... I love doing some extra digging to see what others have gleaned from studying the same chapters in the Bible.  I was reading a sermon on Jonah by Ray Pritchard and in it he posed a challenge to do the following:

Take a Bible plus a notebook and a pen and find a quiet place. Then pray this simple prayer: 
“LORD, SHOW ME THE TRUTH ABOUT MYSELF.” 
Those seven words are all you need to say. Then wait for God to speak to you.

When we pray that way, the answer will begin to come from heaven. Little by little the Holy Spirit will show us our weaknesses, our faults, our mistakes, our bad attitudes, our foolish words, our pride, our arrogance, our need to be in control, our need to tell others what to do, our desire to have our own way, our anger, our bitterness, our lack of mercy, our lack of love, and our lack of compassion. I know from personal experience that if you wait long enough, the Lord will always reveal the truth to you.

It’s hard to do this. God knows that so sometime he forces the issue. Sometimes God puts us in places where we have to face the consequences of our own poor choices.

He won’t take sin in stride.
He won’t say “Boys will be boys" nor "Girls will be girls".
He is passionate for holiness.


He loves us too much to let us go on in sin forever. 

"Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting."  (Psalm 139:23-24)

No comments:

Post a Comment