"THEN SAID THE LORD TO HIM, PUT OFF THY SHOES FROM THY FEET:
for the place where thou standest is holy ground."
Acts 7:33 KJV

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Don't RUSH the SEASON

Today while I was out doing my Thanksgiving Dinner shopping... I was a little confused as to the Holiday we are about to celebrate.  The Salvation Army bell ringers were out and wishing those of us who dropped money in their little red buckets... Merry Christmas.  Poinsettias greeted me stacked like a Christmas Tree when I entered the store's double automated doors... Christmas stocking stuffers and Christmas candy lined several aisles... and Christmas music was playing in the Electronics Department.  As I walked through the Ladies Apparel the first article of clothing was a festive Red Sweater with candy-canes dancing on it's bodice... then peeking through the Men's Department, I was faced with "Santa Boxers"... and Rudolph "red nose" socks.  

I looked at my list and checked it twice to make sure what I was shopping for!  Stuffing... Gravy... Sweet Potatoes... etc.  Yep, I'm here because of Thanksgiving!

I'm not being a scrooge... I LOVE CHRISTMAS... but just haven't got that "Jingle Bell" spirit as of yet!  Also if you have... I'm not knocking it!  I just want to savor Thanksgiving first - then I'll prepare to "deck the halls" and bring out the Christmas decor.

"Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name."  (Psalm 100:4)

No comments:

Post a Comment