"THEN SAID THE LORD TO HIM, PUT OFF THY SHOES FROM THY FEET:
for the place where thou standest is holy ground."
Acts 7:33 KJV

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

"BUSY BULLDOZER"

Five busy bulldozers,
Friends so keen and strong.
They lift and dig and zoom about,
Working all day long!

When our first grandchild "Jackson" was born... "boy toys" again began to appear in the toy boxes of our home, and books about dump trucks, airplanes, boats, and bulldozers!  All the things "little boys" like.  The other day while pulling out the stash of story-books because the grandkids are home from Thailand... I happened upon the "Busy Bulldozer" book, purchased for Jack several years ago, and I read it one more time.

Today while going to meet a special friend for lunch I was early for the appointment, and so I sat and watched a busy bulldozer hard at work on a site being made ready for a new building.  While sitting there and contemplating the work the bulldozer was doing and watching it's movement... I couldn't help but think... I wonder if that dirt - that has been there for possibly hundreds of years really wanted to be moved??  Or that tree that had grown it's roots deep into the fertile soil was ready to be knocked over??  Then I thought of times when people have made me feel "bulldozed" by their pushy attitude, boisterous spirit, or just their presence.  Times when I've felt pushed out of a situation that I wasn't ready to make an exit... or times when I was accomplishing a task and felt someone moved in and pushed me over... accomplishing their own agenda... or just felt belittled by a persons attitude.

There was a time in my life during my "younger" years that I was probably the "bulldozer"... but after years of mellowing, aging, and "wimping out" - I am a lot more like the tree or the dirt.  When I find myself in these situations... I often hang my head and retreat to safety - while tears flow for my feelings of insecurity, rejection, and hurt. 

Somewhere central in the swing of the pendulum between "bulldozer" and "dirt" is where I'd like to rest.  Finding strength and boldness in and from the Lord but accomplishing my tasks with love, caring, and humility...  Never making others feel "pushed out" - "scooped up" - nor "bulldozed over."



Ephesians 3:12  "In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him."

Psalm 28:7 "The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him."

No comments:

Post a Comment