"THEN SAID THE LORD TO HIM, PUT OFF THY SHOES FROM THY FEET:
for the place where thou standest is holy ground."
Acts 7:33 KJV

Saturday, December 4, 2010

53 CANDLES


On December 3rd I celebrated my 53rd Birthday.  WOW!  The years just keep piling up:)  For me Birthdays are like "New Years", a time of reflecting over the year just completed, and anticipating the year ahead.  Usually ending each year with some regret and beginning a new year with expectancy and anxiety over what may lie ahead.

Lord, I thank you for giving me another year of life.
I thank you for all the loving expressions of kindness shown to me.
For all the blessings and all my friends
you have given to me during the past year.
For my family both near and far from me 
but not far from my heart.
Thank you for my loving husband.

Lord, I thank you for all the experiences,
the successes and happy memories,
for times of failure which reminded me
of my own weaknesses and of my need for You,
for times of joy when the sun was shining,
for times of sorrow which drove me to my knees and to You.

Forgive me, Lord, for the hours I have wasted;
for the chances I failed to take,
for the opportunities I missed.
Forgive me that I did not use my talents and abilities to the fullest
because I was lazy and wanted things the easy way,
or I did not completely trust in your help and support.
Forgive me for the days I did things that may have been good,
but you had something "far better" for me to accomplish,
for the days I was too busy to take time to spend with you
when "Martha" took over and I forgot the good things that "Mary" knew.

Help me in the days which lie ahead
to make this coming year better than last year
and closer to you, my Lord.
Also help me to remember that you are the "holder"
and "giver" of each of those days.
Amen

Jeremiah 29:11-13  "11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. 12 Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. 13 And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart."

1 comment:

  1. I love this Sis. Glad to see you back in the blogging saddle. As the old year ends and the new year begins, I think you have nothing to regret. You love deeply and are deeply loved. You possess a heart as big as the universe and share that beautiful heart in so many ways each and every day. I don't think a person can get any closer to God than to willingly share love. You rock!

    ReplyDelete