"THEN SAID THE LORD TO HIM, PUT OFF THY SHOES FROM THY FEET:
for the place where thou standest is holy ground."
Acts 7:33 KJV

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

"PONDERING THE PARADOXES OF CHRISTMAS"

"Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation , and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross."  
(Philippians 2:6-8)

Yesterday, as I sat for a long time just thinking about the events of the last few day... Christmas Eve / Christmas Day / The beautiful snow falling / Going to look at Christmas Lights / Time with family and friends / Missing our daughter and her family who are serving the Lord as Missionaries in Thailand / and The Reason for the Season... I couldn't help but ponder the fact of all the Paradoxes found in the Christmas Story.  


(Luke 1:26-38 and Luke 2:1-35)  

Paradox meaning: statements that seem to contradict each other but when examined together reveal a greater truth.  

Below are just a few that I'd like to share:
  • An all powerful God - came in the form of a helpless Child.
  • With the magnificence of a King - but was found in the humility of a stable.
  • Represented the limitlessness of God - but was confined to the womb of a woman.
  • There was no room for Him - in a World that He had created.
  • He left His Heavenly Throne - for an earthly manger.
  • He traded robes of splendor - for swaddling clothes.
  • He was not born to live - but born to die.
  • His death - brings us life.  
While even thinking upon these things I was convicted by the Holy Spirit of "paradoxes" in my own life.  
  • I who am most forgiven - harbors unforgiveness in my heart toward others.
  • I who am a child of the King and whose Father owns the cattle on a thousand hills - grumbles of things that I don't have.
  • I who am fearfully and wonderfully made - complains about the way I look and things that I don't like about myself.
  • I whose steps are ordered by the Lord - moans about the path that I am on.
The "paradox" that has changed my life the most:
  • He who was without sin - died on the cross... So that I, chiefest of sinners - could receive eternal life. 
We can learn so much from the Paradoxes of Christmas:
We should not judge things by appearance, because God hid His greatest gift in a humble package.  We should not judge an end by its beginning, because the babe in the manger will one day return in full glory.  AMEN

2 comments:

  1. Out of Bethelehem....the House of Bread....came the Bread of Life !!! Hallelujah!

    J-E-S-U-S........

    JESUS ENDS SLAVERY UNDER SIN.

    "They shall call His name Jesus for He will save His people from their sins." Matthew 1:21

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Anonymous.... HALLELUJAH is so correct! I loved your acrostic for the name of JESUS, and I for one am most grateful that He ends slavery under sin... and because of Him - my life will never be the same!
    Thank you for reading the blog and for taking the time to leave a comment.
    Blessings, Sylvia

    ReplyDelete