"THEN SAID THE LORD TO HIM, PUT OFF THY SHOES FROM THY FEET:
for the place where thou standest is holy ground."
Acts 7:33 KJV

Friday, December 31, 2010

"Walking in the Dust of the Master"

2011 is lurking in the shadows just waiting for the clock to strike midnight and the New Year make it's grand advent.  As the anticipation builds - my mind races forward and tries to peer into the days ahead...
What if...
How will I...
What will I do...
Will that happen...
Oft times I must confess that I'm thankful we can't see into the future.  The "unknowns" and "what ifs" are hard enough to contemplate, much less actually knowing what lies at the forefront of the coming year.

Gleaning from the truism of the Apostle Paul when he wrote:   
"Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,"  (Philippians 3:13).
My comings and goings, accomplishments and failures, of 2010 have been logged in the archives of days gone by and cannot be rewritten nor altered in any way.  This moment and the hope of tomorrow is what must seize my focus.

Several weeks ago I heard a preacher refer to a comment about "Walking in the Dust of the Master" and was quite intrigued by this pronouncement.  Can you imagine walking so close to the Master that as the dust is flipped from His sandals it would land on the hem of your garment - or that He would turn to tell you something and you were close enough for it to be said in a whisper.  I have pondered this for several days and have decided that I desire this to be my resolve for 2011.  I've learned from experience when following Him afar off... I cease to hear His voice... I lose sight of the direction He is leading me... The fellowship with Him becomes distant or non-existent.  The bottom of my garment may be clean at those times but I can feel the hot breath of the "deceiver" on the back of my neck.

My desire is to follow the Lord more closely and be so near, if our footsteps get out of rhythm I know I will stumble - but He will be near to catch me before I fall or let me lean on Him when I'm weak and can't seem to take another step.  When the "What if's", the "How will I's",  the "What will I do's", and the "Will that happen's" occur - I don't have to worry because He is right there.  He's as close as a whisper, less than an arms length away, the closeness proven by the dust on the front of my attire.  He will not fail me - He'll take the unknowns and use them for His glory.
   

Wishing each of you blessings in the New Year and "dirt on the front of your garments."



"May you be covered by the dust of your Master!"

No comments:

Post a Comment