"THEN SAID THE LORD TO HIM, PUT OFF THY SHOES FROM THY FEET:
for the place where thou standest is holy ground."
Acts 7:33 KJV

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The Pharisee in Me

I am what I would call a "black and white" kind of girl.  Viewing "RIGHT" as right and "WRONG" as wrong!  The halo on my head would like to say that my standard for that "black and white"... "right and wrong" is always the Word of God --- but that would not be the truth.  Oft times, what I judge as right (white) and what I judge as sin (black) is based on my own opinions, views, personal convictions, life experiences, and most of all "MY preferences" --- and does not take into consideration what the Word of God says.  When the Pharisee in me emerges - I become the "standard" instead of the Bible! I detest this in others when they unfairly judge me or someone that I love... but then find myself jumping on my "throne" and doing the same thing.  It is then that the still small voice of the Lord whispers in my ear:

"For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again."  (Matthew 7:2)

UGH!  Sadly, we as Christians hold each other to higher standards than any of us can live up to... resulting in us judging "UNJUSTLY!"  Within our bodies of believers, where we should be the safest and receive the most love, encouragement, and support... oft times fellow Christians are wounded beyond healing.  Keeping myself in line and where I need to be, and judging my own actions, thoughts, and utterings - is enough to consume all of my time.  

Lord, help me to show and give others the forgiveness and mercy that you have so graciously shown and bestowed upon me and cast out that Pharisee in Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment