"THEN SAID THE LORD TO HIM, PUT OFF THY SHOES FROM THY FEET:
for the place where thou standest is holy ground."
Acts 7:33 KJV

Sunday, January 16, 2011

"WINDSHIELD WIPER CHRISTIAN"

In doing my Bible Study  again the subject of the Children of Israel and how they had a history of turning to God during seasons of punishment but forgetting Him during seasons of prosperity.  After contemplating this God gave me one of those "light-bulb" moments.

I too have the tendency to turn to God during trials and forsake Him when times are good. Now to turn the light on to how the Lord spoke to me through this. My mind was turned to "windshield wipers" LOL! Really I laugh but it is truly not funny. I seem to turn God on HIGH during the storms in my life. When rain is pelting me on every side, the thunder is crashing round, and the lightning has me in the sights of it's flashes. Then turn God down to

MEDIUM when it's still raining pretty intensely but the storm has passed. Then turn to  INTERMITTENT when it's just a slow steady drizzle with everyday frustrations and anxieties. When the sun begins to shine and all is bright in "my world" I seem to turn Him  OFF... only to turn Him back on occasionally for a quick clean up of an obvious sin I've committed or when some "bug" of a little obstacle has come into my path.

I know this is probably a crazy illustration... but when I was reading and feeling the convicting presence of the Holy Spirit and thinking on how I seem to operate my relationship with the Lord... the words "LIKE A WINDSHIELD WIPER" popped into my head.


I am certainly not meaning to tarnish my image :-) but just being honest with God, myself, and you. God's still working on me!  Oh, that I would make sure that HE is on HIGH at all times in my life... whether the rain is falling or the sun shining - my life never becoming too dry for Him to move, because of the Holy Spirit reigning consistently in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment