"THEN SAID THE LORD TO HIM, PUT OFF THY SHOES FROM THY FEET:
for the place where thou standest is holy ground."
Acts 7:33 KJV

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

MISS YOU MOM

Time will dull the edge of grief, but the loss of a mother is an emotional event of such proportions that we don't just "get over it" after a prescribed period of time.  This is an empty place that I'm sure will last my lifetime.

Three years ago today Goldie and I, kissed her sweet cheeks goodbye and she moved into the presence of her Heavenly Father and reunited with daddy, and her mom, dad, brothers, sisters, and special friends and loved ones who had gone before.  She faced death the same way she lived... with determination, purpose, and a zeal to make the most of the experience; right down to the last request of her "Beautiful" Perfume sprayed onto her Deep Rose colored Dress (that color looked good on her, she said), "Butterfly Broach," and only Happy Bright Flowers.  What a "unique lady"!

On "Mother's Day" of 2002 I wrote her a poem with this picture placed below it on a handmade card:
As this "Mother's Day approaches,
I'm as happy as can be
Cause I look just like my mother, 
And she looks just like me.
She can never disown or claim me
For everyone would see
Cause I look just like my mother,
And she looks just like me.
Sometimes I say we are different
Our actions alike can't be
But then I must be honest
Cause I act just like my mother,
And she acts just like me. 

Miss you so much Mom!
I could not be prouder to be more like anyone than you!
  In Loving Memory
Bonnie B. Cadle Pack
(July 26, 1933 - February 22, 2008)

1 comment:

  1. Tearfully read and tearfully enjoyed. Mom was thrilled with that poem. She told everyone (several times) she talked to on the phone about the poem and kept it in her rat's nest on the bar for days. Looking at you is like looking at her which is comforting and weird. I love this picture of you and her, two of the most beautiful women and two of the most beautiful hearts I've known. I love you, little Sis.

    ReplyDelete