"THEN SAID THE LORD TO HIM, PUT OFF THY SHOES FROM THY FEET:
for the place where thou standest is holy ground."
Acts 7:33 KJV

Monday, October 24, 2011

BUILT ON THE "ROCK"

Today as the flood waters rise in Eastern Bangkok Thailand in the Province of Nonthaburi, the home where our daughter and her family live is being surrounded by water.  As I talked with our son-in-law Jeff this morning, I could hear concern in his words.  When I asked how they were doing... his reply was "not too well". They had gone back to Nonthaburi on Monday afternoon to check things out as the water came closer to where they call "home".  Jeff had Jessie and the children leave to go back to the Hotel where they are staying until time to return to the U.S. later this week and he was going to stay the night.  After placing sandbags & plastic at all the doors and gate... and watching the water rise even more... he decided it best for him to leave also.  This was his comment:  "Well, when the water comes, there's nothing you can do. Not in the house yet, but can't imagine it not being in the morning. It's all in God's hands."

We all have sang the children's song, "The Wise Man Built His House Upon the Rock"... but this truly is an example of just that.  Although most of their "earthly belongings" reside in that house... that is not where their "HOPE" lies... because their house is built on "The Rock" and like Jeff said... "It's all in God's hands."

I have thought and prayed so much about this the last several days and for the Thai people whose lives have been devastated by this disaster.  It is so easy being on the outside to "glibly" say:  "As long as you all are safe... THINGS can be replaced." - but when it is "YOUR THINGS" it takes on a whole new light.  We watched as they prepared to go to the mission field several years back and got rid of most of what they had here in the U.S.  For me it was emotional watching them have to part with things they loved because they could not take them.  They left with only things that could be packed in suitcases.  For them though... it was what had to be done to follow the calling the Lord had placed on their lives.  Now to see them have to face losing the things they have purchased there... it just rips this momma's heart out.  

I must say... it is evident that the Lord gives them strength and it puts me to shame at my lack of faith.  So proud of them and what the Lord is doing in their lives and through them there in Thailand.  Can't wait until they are here with us but I'm sure that their hearts will remain with the people they love in Thailand.   Please pray for the Gordon Family and the Thai People!


"My Hope is Built on Nothing Less"
by Edward Mote, 1797-1874

1. My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus' blood and righteousness;
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly lean on Jesus' name.

On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand.

2. When darkness veils His lovely face,
I rest on His unchanging grace;
In every high and stormy gale
My anchor holds within the veil.

On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand.

3. His oath, His covenant, and blood
Support me in the whelming flood;
When every earthly prop gives way,
He then is all my Hope and Stay.

On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment