"THEN SAID THE LORD TO HIM, PUT OFF THY SHOES FROM THY FEET:
for the place where thou standest is holy ground."
Acts 7:33 KJV

Friday, October 14, 2011

"HIDE & SEEK"

"Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble; thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance. Selah."  (Psalm 32:7)

Every time I read this scripture... it reminds me of the game we all played as a child... "Hide and Seek."  I remember when my children were very small they would go in the bedroom - stick their heads under the bed (bottoms and legs out) - and then yell... "Mommy, come find me."  Of course like all "good mothers", I would hold back my chuckles when I saw their little legs and butt wiggling in plain view from excitement... and would search all over the room saying "Where are you - I can't find you!"  The older we became, the more intense the game became... we had to find the BEST hiding place where NO-ONE could find you!  For me though, being the "big chicken" that I am... it had to be a "SAFE" place - away from anything that could creep or crawl or jump on me.  

After having some devastating hurts in my life from people and events that have occurred... I often view myself in a "turtle shell".  Having the protection of my home to withdraw to my "safe-place" where the torrents of life cannot beat down on me.  When I feel that the storm or danger has passed... and safety has returned... I stick my head and legs out and move forward. 

It is in the Lord that I find that "shell of protection."  At those times - I "HIDE" in HIM - I "SEEK" HIS face... HIS protection... HIS guidance... HIS direction.

"Thou art my hiding place and my shield: I hope in thy word. Depart from me, ye evildoers: for I will keep the commandments of my God. Uphold me according unto thy word, that I may live: and let me not be ashamed of my hope."  (Psalm 119: 114-116)

"He who dwells in the Shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.  (Psalm 91:1) 

You (LORD) are my hiding place
You always fill my heart
With songs of deliverance
Whenever I am afraid
I will trust in YOU!


No comments:

Post a Comment