"THEN SAID THE LORD TO HIM, PUT OFF THY SHOES FROM THY FEET:
for the place where thou standest is holy ground."
Acts 7:33 KJV

Monday, October 10, 2011

Creating a "No Drama Zone"

Ever had those people in your life that drain you emotionally and raise your blood pressure and anxiety levels to the top of the charts????  

Whether it is perpetual drama in a family, home, workplace, school, social gathering, church, or anywhere else... it causes unneeded stress and can ultimately lead to a miserable life.  "Drama Queens or Kings" have a way of simply sucking the life out of - well life.

Even in the Bible there were Drama Queens:
  • Vashti - thought more highly of herself than she ought.
  • Jezebel - wanted control; to run things without God, it's all about her.
  • Delilah - brought a great man down because she knew his secret (and used it against him).
Drama is consuming... It destroys relationships... It opens a door for hurt and devastation!  Drama most often involves a variety of other sins:
Gossip - Slander - Lack of self-control - Fits of rage - Hatred - Envy - Spite - Jealousy - Exaggerations - Selfishness - etc.
But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another. (Galatians 5:15)

There was a time in my life that I could not function without "DRAMA" following me around.  I hated it yes... but loved it at the same time.  I felt important.  I thought I was so important people involved me in ALL their junk.  Now I realize that I had invited myself into their junk.  I had opened the door with my big mouth after a "thought bubble" or "probing question" popped outThe sad reality in all of this is the fact that the substance of most drama is often so ludicrous and inconsequential that you just want to bang your head against a wall.

Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth. (Proverbs 26:20)
In short, drama only survives if you feed it.  It will consume your time, your conversations, your thought life, all your energy, and eventually your community as well.  Like a fire, the trick to extinguishing it is to cut off its nourishment.  To end drama, you have to starve it!  There are far greater things that the Lord has for us to do than to be so "sucked into" the "Drama Queen's" in our lives spectacles, that we lose sight of what really matters..  

"PAIN IS INEVITABLE... MISERY AND BEING FRAZZLED IS OPTIONAL."
  
Create for yourself a 
NO DRAMA ZONE ;)
You'll be happy you did!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Mrs. Sylvia I was so excited to get your comment. It meant a lot to me. I love your blogspot too. I know you are so excited for your little ones to get here! In case you don't know Mrs. Sylvia, next to my mom and nanny, you were the most influential woman in my life growing up. Thank you for everything you did for us girls! You are a true blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To Mansion Mom... your sweet words sure made my face and heart smile! You girls who came through my class were such a blessing to me and I LOVED being your teacher. To see so many of you still serving the Lord and in greater ways than I ever dreamed is such a JOY!

    This is my version of 3 John vs. 4
    "I have no greater joy than to hear that my children (grandchildren & Sunday School girls) walk in truth." LOL... Love you!

    ReplyDelete