"THEN SAID THE LORD TO HIM, PUT OFF THY SHOES FROM THY FEET:
for the place where thou standest is holy ground."
Acts 7:33 KJV

Monday, October 17, 2011

Lord, Carve Me Into Your Image

I just love the "fall season" and can't help but get excited about all the things going on around me this time of year.  Leaves are falling, the harvesters are in the fields, the air is cooler, crockpots every where are filled to their brims with homemade soups, the aroma of cinnamon and cloves simmering in pots of cider, outside firepits are filled with wood for chilly evenings under the trees, mums of all colors line steps and porches and decks, and children (and adults) are enjoying the fun of decorating and carving pumpkins.  Even the ladies at our last fellowship meeting at church seemed to get in the "fall spirit" with a Pumpkin decorating contest (Me Included).

I listened to a song the other day that reminded me of pumpkin carving and of my desire for the Lord to shine His light through me.  It is called "Sun and Moon" by Paul Wickham... here are part of the lyrics:

If You are the sun -Then I wanna be the moon 
I want to reflect the light - That shines from You 
And if this is war - Then I'm gonna draw my sword 
This time I know what I'm fighting for  
God I wanna let You know I want everything You are 
I'm waiting for the morning light 
To show a fire in the dark  
Shine Your light - I want to feel You now 
God I need a miracle - Take my heart, make it glow 
Shine Your light - From the inside out 
I wanna be more like You
If You are the sun Then I wanna be the moon
If love is a choice - Then I need You to hear my voice 
I'm the one knocking on Your door - Making all this noise 
Whatever it takes - I'd give it all away 
I want to show my love in a thousand ways  
God I want to let You know I love everything You are 
I'm waiting for the morning light To show a fire in the dark
And I can't live a single day without You
And I don't even want to try
And I won't take another step without Your light

If You are the sun - Then I wanna be the moon

I want to reflect the light - That shines from You
  
There are times in our Christian walk that we must "be still" and "carve out" quiet moments in our day, in order to discern what is from the hand of the Lord and what is diversions handed us by our "too busyness".  Without the quiet moments the waves of our own desires, the deceptions of the devil, or the opinions of others... are a current that can easily sweep us away, washing us off course and out of His will.

This is my prayer for God to carve and mold my life into the likeness of His Son... so that I may reflect the Light that Shines from Him!

{cut off top of pumpkin}  Lord, open my mind so I can learn new things about you.  {remove innards}  Remove the things in my life that don’t please you.  Forgive the wrong things I do and help me to forgive others.  {cut open eyes}  Open my eyes to see the beauty you’ve made in the world around me and to see others through your eyes.  {cut out nose}  I’m sorry for the times I’ve turned my nose at the blessings you provide.  {cut out mouth}  Let everything I say be pleasing unto You.  {light the candle}  Lord, help me show your light to others through the things I do. Amen


"For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us."  2 Corinthians 4:6-7

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for your encouragement and verse. I love love your pumpkin prayer! We were coming yesterday, but the girls woke up with a cold. Hopefully we will see you next Sunday!

    ReplyDelete