"THEN SAID THE LORD TO HIM, PUT OFF THY SHOES FROM THY FEET:
for the place where thou standest is holy ground."
Acts 7:33 KJV

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

"HANGING BY A THREAD"

Just the other day as I was doing laundry - clothes into the washer - then into the dryer - then placing the dress clothes on hangers.  When hanging up one of Steve's favorite shirts, I noticed a button "hanging by a thread."  The slightest pressure of buttoning would of disconnected it and the tiny button would of perhaps been lost.
Needle and thread in hand, I sat down to reattach the button.  While diligently working on my task, my mind began to reflect upon times in my own life that I've felt just like this tiny button.  Nerves frayed and emotions seemingly "hanging by a thread," with the slightest addition of pressure - I would of "lost it."

While stitching and pondering this notion... the phone rings.  My dear friend RoweAnn (who has the gift of encourager) called to say hello, see how I am, and how my week is going.  Upon hanging up the phone, returning to my task and meditation, I thought what a blessing the Lord has bestowed upon me with friendship.  When I am at the point of "hanging by a thread" He reminds me in His word that:

(Ecclesiastes 4:9-12)  "Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour. For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up. Again, if two lie together, then they have heat: but how can one be warm alone? And if one prevail against him, two shall withstand him; and a threefold cord is not quickly broken." 


Dear Lord, you are so good, you are my strong hold in troubled days; 
you know me and I trust in you.  (Nahum 1:7)

No comments:

Post a Comment