"THEN SAID THE LORD TO HIM, PUT OFF THY SHOES FROM THY FEET:
for the place where thou standest is holy ground."
Acts 7:33 KJV

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

IF EVER A WOMAN WAS LOVED BY A MAN

"That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fullness of God."  (Ephesians 3:17-19)

As I sat by the window this morning in my comfy recliner, listening to the patter of rain falling outside... my lap contained my Bible, my "Soul Shaping" Bible Study workbook, an ink pen, and notepad.  As I open the workbook, the words "YOU ARE HIS BELOVED" jump off the page.  My mind can't help but revisit one of my most precious memories that I have of my mom and dad.  A day that my mother illuminated for me one of the greatest gifts that a parent can give their child... even a "grown" one.  My dad battled lung cancer for over a year and on March 13, 2000... in the wee hours of the morning... his battle ceased.  As my mother, sister Goldie, and I sat by his bedside awaiting the arrival of the Hospice Care Nurse... Mom uttered these words:  "If ever a woman was loved by a man - I was."  A gift and a legacy beautifully packaged and presented to Goldie and I.  Daddy's adoration of her had always been evident as we were growing up.

I don't know of a woman (or a man) who doesn't yearn for and covet this type of love in their life.  Problem is, we so often go looking for it in all the wrong places and end up feeling cheated.  Today as I read "You are His beloved," my heart just wanted to shout and share it with all of you.  This love that we so desire and long for, this man of our dreams, our knight in shining armor, is standing at our hearts door knocking... Stop searching and OPEN THE DOOR... LOL!

"Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me."  (Revelation 3:20)
He offers love that is:  UNCONDITIONAL, EVERLASTING, GENUINE, UNFALTERING, SAFE, & SECURE. I am the wife of a wonderful man and I know that I am loved deeply... but I am also CHRIST'S BELOVED - loved with a love that surpasses human ability. 

"For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to comeNor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."  
(Romans 8:38-39)

I boldly and confidently proclaim to you today:
IF EVER A WOMAN WAS LOVED BY A MAN - I AM!
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son,  
that whosoever believeth in him should not perish , but have everlasting life."  (John 3:16)

No comments:

Post a Comment