"THEN SAID THE LORD TO HIM, PUT OFF THY SHOES FROM THY FEET:
for the place where thou standest is holy ground."
Acts 7:33 KJV

Friday, January 28, 2011

HE IS GOD OF THE UNIVERSE - YET I CALL HIM "FATHER"

Last night while attending a presentation of the story of "Cinderella" performed by Spiritual Twist Productions - Christian Youth Theater http://www.spiritualtwist.com  my heart was so stirred at a song sung by the King concerning his son the prince.  

Although I do not know the words exactly - the King was referring to how hard it was to be a King - yet be a Father.  How hard it was to rule a Kingdom - yet lead the heart of his son.  

I could not help but my mind turn to thoughts of my Heavenly Father.  He is "GOD OF THE UNIVERSE" - yet I have the honor of calling Him "FATHER"!  He rules the world - yet has time to guide my everyday life.  He has no limits and cannot be contained - yet dwells within my heart.

There are times I think that I must view God as if He were like "the old woman who lived in a shoe... had so many children she didn't know what to do!"  Then I am reminded of my Father's attributes:  Omnipotent... Omnipresent.... Omniscient. 

Beloved Father, I am so happy to be Your child. I can hardly believe that You, the mighty King of the universe, have chosen me as your own! You lift me up, You hold me close, You comfort me.... Thank you for your amazing love which not only protects, heals and comforts, but also disciplines and molds me into a child fit for the marvelous inheritance you have prepared for me.  Amen

"For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:  And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together."
Romans 8:15-17


 


We were so blessed with a wonderful 
"earthly Father" who is now with 
our/his "Heavenly Father!"
Miss you daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment