"THEN SAID THE LORD TO HIM, PUT OFF THY SHOES FROM THY FEET:
for the place where thou standest is holy ground."
Acts 7:33 KJV

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

DO WHAT I CAN - THE REST IS IN HIS HANDS

When I woke this morning... my mind seemed to keep rehearsing this thought in the dress rehearsal of my day... "Lord, let me be a blessing in someone's life today!"  At the end of my pre-performance - I felt inadequate and ill prepared for my desired finale.

And then it seemed as though I heard Him whisper to me, "Just offer what you have, I will make up the difference." 

I remembered the story of the loaves and fish... you know the story, where Jesus is teaching a large, famished multitude, lunch time arrives and there is nothing to feed them.  No catering service (those who know me well... know this would have been my solution), no KFC or McD's nearby.  All that anyone in the crowd has to offer is: a young lad has five loaves and two fish... he is willing to give to Jesus what he has.  

In the hands of Jesus...
"And when he had taken the five loaves and the two fishes, he looked up to heaven, and blessed, and brake the loaves, and gave them to his disciples to set before them; and the two fishes divided he among them all. And they did all eat, and were filledAnd they took up twelve baskets full of the fragments, and of the fishes."  
(Mark 6:41-43)

AGAIN I AM REMINDED OF THE FACT... THAT WHAT HE DESIRES FROM ME IS MY WILLINGNESS... I MUST OFFER WHAT I HAVE... HE WILL MAKE IT ENOUGH!

I faced my day with renewed confidence and set out to accomplish being that blessing --- knowing...
IN THE HANDS OF JESUS... A LITTLE IS A LOT,
EVEN MORE THAN ENOUGH!

No comments:

Post a Comment