"THEN SAID THE LORD TO HIM, PUT OFF THY SHOES FROM THY FEET:
for the place where thou standest is holy ground."
Acts 7:33 KJV

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

"I JUST NEED TO TOUCH HIM"

She awoke early this morning after a restless nights sleep.  It wasn't that she hadn't tried, she had even gone to bed early.  She knew she would need every ounce of strength she could gather for the anticipated days activities.  Again and again in her mind during the wee hours of the morning, she had rehearsed the stories she had been told:  how HE had healed the centurion's servant of palsy... how HE had cooled the high fever of Peter's mother-in-law... how HE had even calmed the fierce storm... how the paralyzed man got up from his bed and walked because of HIM.  Oh but her favorite story of all, was that of HIM touching the leper and making him whole.  Others had scoffed at the very contemplation of anyone touching a leper - but not her... she believed with all of her heart.  She drew such comfort at the thought because when others knew of her illness or saw the blood, they didn't want to be near her... much less TOUCH her.  Twelve years she had lived with this tormenting condition.  But today there was a glimmer of hope - the sun seemed to shine a little brighter - today HE was to pass through her village.  She didn't need to have his undivided attention... she just needed HIS touch. 
(Matthew 9:20-22;  Mark 5:25-34;  Luke 8:43-48)

"For she said within herself, If I may but touch his garment, I shall be whole."  (Matthew 9:21)

When I woke up this morning to begin my normal routine of packing Steve's lunch and seeing him off to work, my heart had this overwhelming desire for a "touch from the Lord" today.  I sat down in the cozy recliner, in the corner of the living room, Bible on my lap, a pen and notepad, and in my spirit uttered those words to the Lord.  Immediately He brought the story of this woman to mind and I turned to read the account once more.  My heart was heavy not only for needs and hurts in my own life, but also for the burdens in the lives of those that I care so deeply for.  I am so thankful when I need HIS TOUCH or I need to TOUCH HIM - I can go to HIS WORD - HE meets me there - and fills my need.

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path."  (Psalm 119:105)


1 comment:

  1. The perfect words of encouragement and the perfect song for a spirit that is struggling... Your blog is such a blessing... Please keep allowing God to speak through you to bring words of peace to his children...

    ReplyDelete